Friday, April 19, 2013

Final Reflections

What is one way in which you grew as an educator from this class and how will you continue it?

The biggest thing that I am taking away from this class is the integration of technology into teaching, not just using it as another tool like a pencil or a piece of paper.  I always heard the biggest complaint on using technology is there was not time to learn how to make technology a part of the students experience.  Teachers were given technology 2 days before the beginning of the year, so it just became a piece that was added to the lesson plan instead of the lesson plan developing around the technology.  I believe to truly grow as an educator today, one thing that must be done is the desire and actual embracing of technology.  Because I do not teach my own class yet, I am able to take my knowledge and create lesson plans using this technology to one day implement.  I can truly integrate my technology in some basic way and then specialize it once I know what technology I will actually have. 
To continue I will need to continue to learn about new and different technologies.  I will not know what I will be given until I have a school to teach at, so the more different types of technology that I know, the more beneficial it will be to me in the long run.  If I can learn how to create a technology planned lesson that can be used on multiple styles of devices then I will be more prepared for whatever I face in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment